Moving can be a very stressful experience. Packing and carrying all your stuff from your old house to your new home can take a lot of time and money. That’s why a garage sale can be a very good option when you have to move. A successful garage sale will not only help you get some money you could use on your new place, but it will also help you get rid of lots of things you don’t need, and make an inventory of all the other things you want to take with you.
Whether it’s in your actual garage or in your yard, selling some of your useless things will make your moving process a lot easier. So, here are some tips that will help you organize a successful garage sale.
- Make an inventory of all the things you have, throw away those that are broken, and separate those that you want to sell. During this process, we recommend you to classify all your stuff for a more organized sale. For example, have boxes labeled as: toys, clothes, kitchen, decors, etc.
- Plan your garage sale ahead. Remember to ask authorities for the needed permits and set a date. Try to plan it on a weekend, so people have time to come by.
- Have all your stuff priced and labeled for your clients to feel more comfortable when attending the garage sale. It can be very annoying to ask for the price of every item. If you don’t know how to price your things, we recommend you to visit websites that sell used items for guidance.
- Ask for help! A garage sale means a lot of work. If you have young kids, you can ask them for some help, they’ll probably want to be involved anyways. You can also ask your neighbors or friends to help you move the heavier furniture and expose them to the public.
- Spread the word! The only way to sell everything is by having a lot of people coming to your garage sale. It’s very unrealistic for one single person to buy everything. So, what you need to do is to advertise your garage sale. You can do it by posting on social media or placing ads near your home. Don’t forget to specify date, time, and place.
Either for a change of lifestyle, the need for a different environment, the fact that your family grew, or simply a craving, most house owners have thought of a new and different home. So, when it comes to taking property decisions, we need to know which are our options. The first question that will probably pop into your mind will be: “Should I remodel or move?”
Since we know this is a recurrent thought in Florida, we’re here to help you make the best choice. So, here are the right questions you need to ask yourself before making the right decision:
- What’s the deal with the real estate market in your area by the time you plan to sell? We recommend you to get help from a professional realtor that can help you decide whether it’s a good time to sell or if it’s better to hold on for some time and just move things around at home.
- What is your budget? Sometimes (depending on what you wish to remodel), remodeling can be a lot cheaper than moving. However, you should think if by remodeling, your home will revalue. If it doesn’t, then think again about which investment is better for your pocket.
- Is it a matter of lack of space? If your family has grown and your home isn’t big enough, then remodeling likely won’t solve the issue. If this is the case, then considering a new and bigger space might be the best option.
- How much time do you have? Moving is not an easy task, but it seems like it can be quicker than remodeling. If you hire a moving company like Sureway Moving, we will have your stuff moved in one or two days. However, remodeling can take a lot more. A complete kitchen remodeling might take up to 6-8 weeks; a bathroom, an average of 4-6 weeks; and a room, about 5 weeks.
- Are you in love with your neighborhood? Neighbors, location, your kids’ education, friends: they are all important factors that might change when you move. If you’re too in love with the area you live in and the only property options are too far away, then you should think twice before moving. If your moving options are nearby or in another area that you also love, then moving doesn’t sound like such a bad idea.
“The new year stands before us like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.”
Somehow, every 365 days, we feel renovated and inspired to make decisions and improve. At Sureway Moving we know how busy the holidays can get, it’s a very busy time and most people put their life on hold for a couple of weeks and say “we’ll take care of it in January!” Funny thing is, when January finally arrives, not everyone has the time to actually do all the things they had in mind, especially moving to a new home. Moves can be really stressful, but thanks to Sureway, it won’t seem so hard anymore.
Few things are more exciting than starting fresh at your new place, and with us it will be a relaxing experience knowing we will take care of every last detail. Whether it’s apartments or offices, moving just next door, across South Florida or across the nation, we can do it all. From the bubble wrap to the moving trucks, we provide everything you’ll need to make a smooth transition.
One of the first things our clients ask us before getting our services is if we also move art collections, antiques or wine collections. Absolutely! We even have special transportation with the specific cooling requirements a delicate wine collection needs. With expert artwork movers packing, custom-built crates, and private storage with precise climate controls, we offer safe handling of your most precious and important belongings. We will provide you with a pre-move questionnaire in which you can share any special requests or instructions you would like for our movers to know before they begin your project, making sure that we can meet or exceed your expectations.
There’s no excuse for putting off your move anymore. Get it done with Sureway Moving in the first weeks of 2017 and start your year at your new home full of illusions and positive vibes. Contact us and start planning your next big step.
When packing and moving, fragile items are always a main concern. Having them completely protected from breaking or damaging is always a big challenge. Which materials are better? Which is the appropriate technique? Which objects shouldn’t be taken in boxes? All these questions always come to mind when dealing with your delicate possessions. This is why we give you a list of tips for packing fragile things:
- Take your time: rushing while packing fragile objects will just end up in breaking them before you even finish packing. Dedicate some time to those breakable objects and start packing them a couple of weeks before moving.
- Get the appropriate types of supplies: use packing materials that can withstand being moved by car, hand, or truck and that will protect your things from bumps, shocks, and vibrations. Use: moving boxes, packing peanuts, heavy grade paper, corrugated fiberboard, bubble wrap, and the original package of the item.
- Choose the appropriate technique for each kind of object: not all fragile things can be packed the same way, some need different techniques. For example, you should cover a plate with a piece of packing paper, while glasses need a crumpled tissue inside each glass. Get professional assessment for more valuable objects such as: works of art, wine collections, electronics, and precious collections. Sureway Moving can help you with the packing of those.
- Clearly mark moving boxes as FRAGILE, so you and your movers know exactly which boxes need extra care.
- Communication avoids disasters: tell your movers you have fragile objects that should be specially taken care of. Also tell them which objects are in each box, they’ll know where and how to move them.
Even if you do all of this properly, you always have the risk of breaking your precious belongings, especially when it comes to those objects that need a special packing technique. This is why Sureway Moving offers White Glove services, where you’ll receive professional help to pack and move your most delicate objects without having to worry about it.
The holiday season itself can be a very stressful time of the year. Organizing parties, taking your kids to Christmas attractions, decorating your home, baking gingerbread cookies and your family’s favorite cakes, and the list goes on and on… And sometimes you just have to add one more (huge) thing to your list: moving.
December is a good time to move because kids are on vacation and you probably have some days off too to invest on packing, transport, and unpacking. However, it can be a lot of extra stress when adding it up to the whole holiday season routine, and you have to learn how to deal with it.
If you are moving this December (or any other December) and you want to enjoy Christmas too, then here are some tips on how to deal with the whole situation:
- The first thing you have to do is face the fact that you’ll need extra help. Either if it’s a local or long distance move, you’ll have to contact professional movers to relieve some of your stress and end the process as quickly as possible. Sureway Moving offers packing, transporting, and unpacking services. We also provide the packing supplies (boxes, tape, wrapping paper, etc.) and take care of your extra boxes in our state-of-the-art storage.
- If you’re moving right before Christmas, then you’ll have to take special consideration for all the stuff you’ll need during the holidays. For example, pack all the ornaments you’ll place in your new home in a separate box labeled as “Christmas Stuff”. Also, if you’ve already bought some presents, then keep them separate from the rest of the things you’re packing, along with wrapping materials.
- We know moving is very stressful, but that shouldn’t interfere with your Christmas spirit. That’s why Sureway Moving recommends you to listen to holiday music while packing. If you have young kids, then you can make them watch a Christmas movie while you’re busy packing. This will distract them and get them in line with the Christmas spirit.
- Young children deserve to experience the whole holiday season without having to worry about mommy’s or daddy’s responsibilities. That’s why we recommend you to pack a box with some Christmas coloring books, puzzles, or any other items concerning the holiday for them separately. This will also distract them while you’re busy packing.
- Lay back and take a moment to relax once or twice a day. Watch a holiday film, bake cookies, visit a neighbor, or just spend some quality time with your family for a while.
However, your move can be a lot easier if you do it with Sureway Moving. Just enjoy the whole holiday season without having to worry about packing, transporting, or even unpacking. By hiring Sureway Moving we’ll cover it all up, you’ll just have to tell us where to move your belongings to! Enjoy your family at the most wonderful time of the year!