Moving is always very stressful and tedious. You can waste a lot of time and energy on packing, transporting, and unpacking all your stuff. We know you all need to make it fast, easy, and productive. The eagerness of getting to your new home and start living new experiences can help you have a nicer moving process, but it’s never fast enough. Here are some moving tips that you’ll probably find very useful when starting your journey:
- Set a date for your moving and contact a moving company in advance. Try to do it at least three to four weeks before the date.
- Use a plastic box to pack essential things you’ll need once you get to your new place (and make sure to put it last on the truck). For example: toilet paper, towels, pajamas, teeth brush, soap, scissors, etc.
- Pack a bag of snacks. You’ll probably get hungry on your way to your new home or once you get there.
- Disconnect cable, phone, and utilities on time. You don’t want to be charged for a service you’re not using.
- Clean the stove and defrost the fridge the day before moving.
- Take time to say good-bye to your friends and family. You don’t want to leave it for the last day, when you’ll be busy packing up your last boxes.
- The week before the move, make sure to cancel newspaper, pest control, cleaning help, lawn services or any other services you’ve hired.
- Move with a moving company, you won’t have to worry about any of this! Sureway Moving will even provide the needed supplies.